Sunday, July 1, 2012

Patriotic Shorts

Recently, I found a post here for turning jean shorts into patriotic shorts.  I'm a little more patriotic than the average girl so, naturally, I fell in love with this idea.  However, because of my "No Spend Challenge" I couldn't get the spray paint that I needed to finish this project before the 4th of July. (And really what good are patriotic shorts if you can't wear them on the most patriotic holiday of the year?) So, I decided to substitute some stuff.

I used painters tape to make the stripes and construction paper to make the stars. (I used a cookie cutter to trace the stars.)  Then,  I taped off everything I didn't want colored.


Since I don't have the money to buy more spray paint (shocking that I don't already have every color in the world...) I used permanent markers to color in all the empty spaces that weren't taped off and Voila! Patriotic shorts for FREE.


Permanent marker may not have been the best choice.  It didn't bleed or even rub off but when they wash they might not come out looking as good.  I'm okay with that though since 1. It was free and 2. How often do I really need patriotic shorts?

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July week!
.

No comments: