Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chevron Friendship Bracelet

Lately, I've been in a nostalgic mood craft-wise.  Friendship bracelets are definitely included in this nostalgia.  Today, I found a bag FULL of embroidery floss and decided it was time to make some new friendship bracelets.

The one I'm working on now is a chevron design in in blue and black.  I, honestly, hate this color combo ( It reminds me of a bruise.) but these are the colors my boyfriend specificially requested.

To make a chevron pattern in a friendship bracelet you need 8 strings. Tie the furthest left string (shown here in black) to each to each of the strings to it's right until you reach the middle.  Then, tie the furthest right string to each of the strings to its left until you reach the middle.  Finally, tie the two middle strings together.  Make sure you tie two knots every time to ensure that it holds and make the design visible. And that's it!



To make a diagonal stripe you simply continue across the set of strings rather than stopping in the middle.

No comments: