Friday, July 13, 2012

Tutu Adorable

Buying baby gifts is expensive.  Luckily, I have a really great discount at a few stores that sell baby stuff but I like to make DIY projects as well.  My friend recently found out that she's having a baby girl so I couldn't resist the urge to make her a little baby tutu!!  So, I figured I'd post a how-to of how to make a tutu!

I usually start off with a length of elastic.  To measure it I wrap it around my lower thigh.  I sew the ends together to make it a circle.  This ends up being the waist of the tutu.

Next, you have to cut the tulle.  I recently found a new way to cut tulle which makes making a tutu sooooo much easier!  If you wrap the tulle around a piece of carboard you can cut one end and make a TON of piece rather than cutting each piece individually.  This saves SO much time!


After you cut all of the tulle pieces, wrap each piece of tulle around the elastic and double knot it.  Keep doing this all the way around until you run out of tulle or elastic (or BOTH!)


I finished mine off with a zebra print bow and voila! The most adorable tutu EVER!  I can't wait for them to see it!


Happy Crafting!

No comments: