Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Babysitting Adventures: Indoor Bowling (& A Link-Up)

If anyone has ever babysat boys under the age of 10, you know they can be a handful.  This is my last week babysitting the boys I've been watching since I was 14 (I'm 20.) so I wanted to make these last few days super memorable and fun!


They've been bugging me to go bowling all summer but on a college student budget I just couldn't make it happen. So, today we made our own indoor bowling set with water bottles, food coloring, glitter, and a ball.


First, I peeled off the labels on the water bottles and dumped out some of the water.






Then, I added food coloring and glitter to make them more fun! ( You can also add glowsticks for nighttime fun!)






Just shake and you have a game that will entertain kids for HOURS! Plus, they loved mixing the food coloring to make the different colors! 





Also, I discovered a Link- Up party called Wonderful Wednesday.  This seems like an amazing way to network with other bloggers and check out some new blogs you wouldn't see otherwise! 




* UPDATE: After looking at all of the wonderful blogs that are part of the Wonderful Wednesday Link Party I realized just how terribly boring mine is... Now I just need to learn how to make it pretty and we'll be set!


1 comment:

Rachel @ lala Lists said...

Thanks for linking up (and the shout out!!)! Hope to see you next week!

Rachel
www.lalalists.com
Wonderful Wednesdays Co-Host