Friday, June 29, 2012

No Spend Challenge Reworked

I guess I should have known that this would be difficult.  I mean, it has the word 'Challenge' in the title so naturally it's going to be hard.  I just didn't realize how often I actually spend money.


For the past 3 days (has it really only been that long?) I've been struggling to not spend ANY money.  However, I have an addiction to clothing and DIY projects which makes this incredibly difficult.  Everyday I check out Pinterest and Bloglovin' and all it makes me want to do is spend money.  


The solution seems simple right? Just stop looking at the things that make me want to spend money.  I can't do that though.  So, rather than being miserable about the fact that I can't spend money on DIY projects for the next 26 days,  I've decided to add a new rule to the challenge.  Supplies for my projects can be purchased as long as my total does not exceed $30 for the entire month.  This $30 is being taken away from my food money since I am living and home and really don't need to buy food to begin with.  Also, I can only buy my supplies if they are A) on sale B) I have a coupon or C) they can be used for multiple projects.  That way I am getting the supplies I need within my budget AND I'll be able to save them for future projects as well.


If my boyfriend were here, he would tell me that I'm making excuses for why I need to spend money but relocating the money I would've spent on food seems like the most practical way to save money and still get the projects done that I want to do.


So now I'm off to Michael's to buy spray paint.  I'll post my project tomorrow! Have a good weekend!

No comments: