Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Moving Home

I've recently moved back home to Pittsburgh from college in Charlotte, NC.  I figured since I needed to save money for my apartment next year I would move home to save on rent and groceries and babysit for the summer to make some extra money.  So, I packed up all my stuff (two cars full!) and drove back here for the summer.  The only problem is that I have A LOT of stuff! So, I've been trying to organize it all for the past month without much success until this week. I've gotten all the stuff I need unpacked and organized and the rest packed up in storage containers in my basement.




Since I don't have much space to put stuff away I decided to turn my accessories into display pieces.  I turned my cork board into a necklace holder, used a jewelry stand for bracelets and rings, and put command hooks on my wall for my scarves.  I also used shower curtain ring(50 cents at Walmart) to organize my purses (I'll try to get a picture up shortly!) on a free-standing bar which also holds the clothes that wouldn't fit into my closet. (The perils of being a fashion major...)

Now I just need a form of organization for my earrings. I'll get to that another day... I've been way too productive this week (as if there's such a thing).

No comments: