Monday, June 25, 2012

Adventures in Wilmington

If you know me, you know I have a deep love for all things Southern ESPECIALLY if they're historical things.  I can look at old houses, historical sites, and antiques for hours! I just love that these things have stories behind them and usually they're stories that hugely impacted our country. 

This past weekend, my boyfriend and I made a trip up to Wilmington, NC because, after all of my trips to Jacksonville to visit him, I've still never been there but I've heard a ton of amazing things about it. We started out at the Battleship North Carolina. 


My boyfriend's a bit of a war history buff so this kind of thing is fun for us. Then we drove around Wilmington while he pointed out all the historical plaques and sites. My favorite? The Confederate Soldiers Memorial on Third Street.

By this point it was almost 90 degrees outside and HUMID  so it was time to go somewhere with AC (plus I was STARVING). We stopped for pizza at Slice of Life. AMAZING pizza for a pretty decent price.

Naturally, as a fashion major all I wanted to do after lunch was go shopping.  There are SO many boutiques in Wilmington with handmade and one-of-a-kind clothing.  Of course, on a college girl budget I couldn't buy much but my boyfriend bought me a Lilly Pulitzer market tote that I've been OBSESSED with ever since.
After some shopping we walked around some more of Wilmington and found a house that I fell in love with... Too bad it's probably freakishly expensive.

I can't wait to go back some day!!!




No comments: