Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Who are you... really?

This term I am taking an Ethics of Business Leadership class and for the first assignment our teacher asked us to write a journal entry about who we are.  He wanted us to dig deeper than the typical "I'm a student who lives in Charlotte." and write about our aspirations and examine ourselves.  Usually, I would hate an assignment like this but I actually took something away from the assignment so I figured I would share it here.


Who are you?



            “Who are you… really?” That is an incredibly difficult question to answer.  I am a Senior Fashion Merchandising major at Johnson & Wales University but I am also a daughter, a sales associate, a niece, a friend, and a cousin.  I am a girl who is struggling to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life.  I am someone who drinks way too much caffeine and I’m someone who can hold a grudge.  I’m easily overwhelmed and feel like I probably bit off more than I can chew this term with school and work. I want the same things all people want, to love and be loved, and a successful and satisfying career that I love.  I have a tendency to rely on others to help me make important life decisions but I have a mind of my own which enjoys being challenged.  I’m someone who procrastinates but always gets things done on time.  I like to have a plan and make lists even though I usually don’t have time to complete all the things on my list.  I love being creative and thinking outside of the box.  I enjoy organizing things and making things look pretty and neat.  I love being recognized when I have worked hard on a project and the feeling of accomplishment.  Sometimes I question my choices in life but I, also, believe that everything happens for a reason.  I need to have a plan and stay on track or life begins to stress me out.  I have problems living in the moment because I am always looking ahead at the future.  I have a lot to be thankful for in my life and I don’t usually take the time to appreciate what I have. I have flaws but nobody is perfect and I’m finally beginning to realize that.  

No comments: